I’ve
enjoyed the readings and other DH related activities I have completed this
week. Sadly, once again, I will not be able to log in live tomorrow night, but I’m
looking forward to watching the recording and catching up. I’m hoping to be
able to log in for the live class again soon.
In
addition to the assigned class readings, I read an interesting article about
implementing the DH at a small college. “Doing a Lot with Little: Making Digital
Humanities Work at a Small College” by Deborah Vanderbilt opened my eyes and described a specific
project that the author implemented at her small college. Her project was very
approachable, not intimidating, and seems to have been well-received by her
students. This encourages me to explore different options for introducing the
DH at my own small community college. While a lot of the projects we have
looked at and discussed are super interesting, I fear they might be a little
overwhelming for some student populations. However, this article makes the prospect
of implementing the DH in small ways less daunting.
I’ve
added this particular article in my Zotero folder if anyone else would like to
review it.
Comments
Post a Comment