Final project:
If I
understanding correctly, the entire final project will be presented on a
created website…something like Google sites, correct?
1.
A
landing page: short blurb about what the project is. What types of things are
included in landing pages of similar projects?
2.
About
page: Part 1 of assignment
3.
Page
about related or similar projects
4.
Page
with annotated list of resources
5.
Prototype
page
6.
Bio/Contact
page
*Prezi for
prototype
DH Tools:
Wakelet – is
this mainly supposed to be an organization tool?
Ngram Viewer –
This could be really interesting, but seems like there are some significant
limitations.
Also, just as a
side note, I have seen editions of 1984 published with the title spelled out
rather than un numbers. This is the cover that we had in my school library whenI was in high school
Voyant – This looks like it could be a really great tool for
deep digging when analyzing a text.
Fakebook – I’ve seen some of these done before, or at least
something similar. I think one of the other instructors at my school has used
this as an extra-credit option for one of her developmental courses. Seems like
a fun, user-friendly tool.
Final Thoughts:
I’m getting really excited about the progress
I’m making on my final project; but I also feel like I’m slowly becoming more and
more overwhelmed. I’m still a little shaky about the “About” portion of the and
how to write it and what exactly to include. I’m probably going to go back and
re-watch the part of class where this was discussed.
I don’t know if I’m going to be quite ready to share
anything next week, but I’m definitely going to want to conference with Dr. Carter
a little bit.
Hopefully, by the end, everything will come out smoothly.
Hi Sara!
ReplyDeleteI definitely understand your hesitancy on the "About" intro page, I didn't realize how many sources we needed and my 1200 words has grown well over 3,000, heh, so my challenge is trying to figure out how to dwindle it down without taking away all the needed citations. So you're not alone in feeling overwhelmed, but don't worry- everything will work out in the end, and I have no doubt your project is going to rock!
And I do believe all those items you listed, that we need for our final project website, is exactly what we need to include.
Good luck with your project!
~Stephanie Franklin